BTA Champions League – Sprint Triathlon 2024
Sprint Triathlon on February 23, 2024 – Friday start at 7:00 AM
– TT bikes are not allowed to compete in the Elite Category (Overall winner).
– TT bikes are allowed to be used in the age group category only.
Minimum Age to register:16 and above
- Bike: 20km
- Run: 5km
- Individual (Male-Female)
- Team (Male, Female, and Mix Team (Must be Male + female))
Race tactics are part of the interaction between competitors.
- Practice good sportsmanship at all times;
- Be responsible for their own safety and the safety of others;
- Obey traffic regulations and instructions from race marshals/volunteers;
- Treat other competitors, marshals, volunteers, and spectators with respect and courtesy;
- Avoid the use of abusive language;
- Inform the Head Referee after withdrawing from the race.
- Compete without receiving assistance other than from event marshals;
- Not dispose rubbish or equipment around the course except at clearly identified places, such as water stop.
- Not attempt to gain unfair advantage from any external vehicle or object;
- Follow the prescribed course.
- Competitors may use any stroke to propel themselves through the water. They may also tread water or float.
- Competitors are allowed to push off the ground at the beginning.
- Competitors must follow the prescribed swim course;
- Competitors may stand on the bottom or rest by holding an inanimate object, such as a buoy or stationary boat;
- In an emergency, a competitor should roll onto their back and raise an arm overhead, and call for assistance. Once official assistance is rendered, the competitor must retire from the competition.
- Propulsion devices that create an advantage for the competitor, or a risk to others, are forbidden;
- Illegal Equipment:
Competitors must not use or wear:
- Artificial propulsion devices;
- Flotation devices;
- Gloves or socks;
- Wetsuits when they are forbidden;
- Mobile phone(s) or any other electronic listening communication device;
- A competitor is not permitted to cycle without appropriate footwear or with a bare torso.
- A competitor is not permitted to make any forward progress without the bicycle and all of its component parts.
- The bicycle helmet must remain securely fastened on the head of the competitor at all times once the bicycle is removed from the bicycle rack, while on the bicycle course and until the bicycle is replaced on the bicycle rack.
- A competitor must clearly display their race identification number at all times on the bicycle course. Those not complying may incur a Yellow Card Stop-Start penalty. However if the Technical Official considers that the identification number has been unintentionally lost, then the competitor will not be penalised.
The below rules are apply if the competitor used TT bike to race (non- draft race)
- Illegal Pass
A competitor passing on the inside (left hand side) of another competitor will receive a Blue Card Time penalty for illegal pass.
A competitor who impedes the forward progress of another competitor will receive a Yellow Card Stop-Start penalty for blocking. A blocking penalty can be avoided by safely moving to the left of the cycle lane at every opportunity. Course conditions and the proximity of other competitors will be considered in deciding whether to issue a blocking penalty.
- Bicycle or Motorcycle Draft Distance
The bicycle or motorcycle draft zone is a distance of 10 meters. The front edge of the front bicycle or motorcycle wheel defines the start of the draft zone. Competitors have 20 seconds to pass through this zone.
- Vehicle Draft Zone
- The vehicle draft zone is 35 meters. The front edge of the vehicle defines the start of the draft zone.
- The driver of any race participation vehicle is deemed responsible to ensure that this zone is not overlapped by the draft zone of a competitor.
- The draft zone of a competitor may not overlap the draft zone of another competitor, motorcycle, or vehicle except in the following circumstances:
- when the competitor is in the process of legally passing another competitor, motorcycle or vehicle;
- for safety reasons;
- for an aid station;
- for entrance to or departure from a transition area; and
- in making an acute turn.
- When passing a forward competitor or motorcycle, the rear competitor is allowed a maximum of 20 seconds to pass through the 10-metre draft zone. Failure to observe this may result in a Blue Card Time penalty for drafting.
- When passing a forward vehicle, the rear competitor is allowed a maximum of 90 seconds to pass through the draft zone. Failure to observe this may result in a Blue Card Time penalty for drafting.
- At every instance during the overlapping of draft zones, the rear competitor must be seen to be gaining on the forward competitor, motorcycle or vehicle. Failure to observe this may result in a Blue Card Time penalty for drafting.
- Once passed, a competitor must immediately commence to drop back out of the draft zone of the forward competitor, before attempting to re-pass. A competitor is deemed to have been passed once the leading edge of the front wheel of the passing bicycle has moved in front of the leading edge of the front wheel of the passed competitor’s bicycle. Failure to observe this may result in a Blue Card Time penalty for drafting.
- Failure to comply with BTA Competition Rules may result in a competitor being verbally warned, incurring a time penalty or disqualified.
- A verbal warning will be given for the following infringements (but are not limited to):
- Banned equipment (including, but not limited to, mobile telephones, MP3 player and personal video recording devices);
- Illegal progress (during bike);
- If corrective action is not take to remedy the infringement, the competitor will be disqualified.
- Run or walk;
- Wear and have clearly visible the official race number, facing forward;
- Not crawl;
- Follow the prescribed run course.
- Not dispose of litter on the course, unless in specified littering zones provided by the Marshals
- Illegal Equipment:
- Headphone(s) and headset(s), mobile phones or any other electronic listening communication device;
- Personal video recording devices;
- All the finishers gets Medals
- Top Winners of Male, Female and Teams get a special colored medals